Image Map

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Sunday Scoop

I am so happy to be linking up with Teaching Trio for their weekend linky: The Sunday Scoop!


I've been caught in a whirlwind of work, so what better way to get back in the blogging groove than a super fun, low pressure linky?


Things I have to do:

All boring, domestic  stuff! I've been a workaholic recently and haven't been taking very good care of myself, so I'm going to make sure I prep everything for the week on Sunday so I have what I need at work Monday-Friday. That means healthy food and clean and cutesy clothes to make me feel good about myself.

Things I hope to do:

Ugh. This cold. I've been useless the past few days. Most of the weekend has been spent asleep or trying to sleep. I think it's the end of the illness, but I hope it's completely gone by tomorrow. Regarding the vacuuming, I really do hope I can find the energy to do it. Our bedroom floor is covered in a solid inch of dog fur right now. He's shedding like mad. California has not received the memo that it's fall!

Thing I'm happy to do:

Read something just for fun. I finished This Is Where I Leave You on the very first weekend of Megan's book club because it was SO good. So, I haven't read anything for fun since then. I'm going to choose a new book today to unwind with and get to reading!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Dawn

8 comments:

  1. It looks like vacuuming is a popular Sunday Scoop topic! LOL! Did you get yours done? I didn't do mine! Instead, I read more blogs :)

    Have a great week,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela,

      I actually hadn't done it until your comment gave me the final push needed. I even did the stairs, which I DESPISE!

      Thanks for the motivation!

      Dawn

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on getting the vacuuming done :). Plus, I admire you for getting so organized before the week starts. I am terrible at this and end up eating school lunches way more than I should. Actually, easy lunches for school would be a great linky party - perhaps I will do that someday!

    Cate
    http://www.mrsodonnellsroom.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate,

      Don't admire me just yet! This is the first week I've done it. The last few weeks I've been scrounging for food before running out the door. It sets such a terrible tone for the day! I would love to join that linky when you set it up. :)

      Dawn

      Delete
  3. I constantly feel like I'm trying to catch up on those domestic tasks on the weekend too! I think I folded laundry for an hour today...ack! Hope you kick your cold.
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emilie! I'm in the hacking cough, but up out of bed stage (tmi?), which means I'm almost done with it. I'm just happy the worst of it fell on the weekend so I didn't have to miss any school! In what other profession would someone worry about taking a sick day? :)

      Dawn

      Delete
  4. I always find something better to do than clean the house ;)
    Hope you're feeling better from your cold!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Lucy

    P.S. I'll email you a list of blogging podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn,

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please check out my blog on how to accept it =)

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete